Saturday, September 7, 2019

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! I am a special education teacher with a Masters Degree currently residing in Phoenix, Arizona. Everyone says its a dry heat here but I beg to differ. This is my 3rd year working as a certified teacher. Before being a certified teacher, I worked as a teachers assistant in resource, reading intervention, and a afterschool club. Originally, I had a BA in Christian Studies. I was a little naive in university to pursue an actual career. I thought for that by now I would be a missionary overseas. Through this experience, I learned that I should of followed my dreams right out the gate. Now, I am focused on getting my students to not only learn content, I am teaching them how to do things in life. I have a range of students from talkative to shy.The shy kids always have the oppurtunity to answer when they are with me. As of this week I started teaching point of view using fairytales from two different perspectives. I even narrated the stories using my golden microphone. This fall, I will be getting my 25 hour Aerial yoga teacher training. Aerial yoga has taught me so much about life. I have learned to accept things I can not change. Through aerial yoga, I can find my breath and let go. What are things you would like me to write about in the future? Thanks for reading, The teacher next door

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! I am a special education teacher with a Masters Degree currently residing in Phoenix, Arizona. Everyone says its a dry h...